Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Well, I persuaded my boss to give me today off work so I could head to my parents Monday night so I could beat the next snow storm. Only catch is now I have to head back on Friday and go to work on Saturday. I just wanted to make sure I was able to get here because last I heard Chicagoland was set to get 4-10 inches starting today on into tomorrow. I'm just glad I'm home! We did run into snow around Monmouth last night on in that was pretty nasty because it was blowing so you couldn't see the road, but we left around 6 last night and made it to mom and dad's around 11:30. Just got done hauling in all the presents from the car while everyone is out, so I'm just going to plant my ass indoors until we leave...I'm so sick of winter and it technically just started on Sunday...Ughhh! It's pretty much all ice up at my parents...hopefully it warms up a little sometime soon to melt this stuff...makes it hard to walk. Poor dogs just slip and slide everywhere. Well, I think I'm going to go get cozy under a blanket and go read in one of the new leather recliners. Well, if I don't post again before X-mas...HAVE A MERRY X-MAS EVERYONE!!!

1 comment: