Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bedknobs & Broomsticks


Oh, how I forgot how much I loved this movie! I hadn't seen it for years, but Dan surprised me with it one day a couple weeks ago, so I finally got a chance to watch it last night. Definitely a must see if you haven't seen it...it's one of my favorite Disney flicks! Now I've had the songs from the movie stuck in my head all day..."Bobbing Along, Singing A Song, on the bottom of the Beautiful Briny Sea."

Anyways, I don't really have much to write about today, but figured I'd go ahead and post since it's been a few days. Tuesday, we had the rottenest weather ever! We were only forcasted to get less than an inch of snow, instead we got hit with about 4 inches, but it was all mixed with sleet, rain, ice....made going home after work horrible! It usually takes me about 20-25 minutes to get home when the roads are clear, but it took me an hour and 15 minutes to get home that night. I don't think traffic moved beyond 5 miles per hours. It was horrible, but you were afraid to go any faster than that because the roads were slicker than snot! And for some reason, the Chicagoland area can't seem to budget for enough salt, so they don't send the trucks out to keep the roads as clear as the use to...it stinks! Roads were still stinky yesterday morning on my way to work, but by 4:00 when I headed home they were clear as can be...so glad the sun came out for a while yesterday! I don't think they are calling for anymore snow here until around Monday last I checked. Wish it would just stay away permanently!

Anyways, sorry for the boring post, but if I don't post something every few days I'll get out of the habit. At least tomorrow is Friday...WOO-HOO! Bring on the weekend! Well, gotta get back to work, so I better jett for now! Later gators!

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorites, along with Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang....oh I could go on and on about disney movies, their's also another one with Burle Ives, I can't remember the actual name but we always called it the The Yellow House....man makes me want to dig out my vcr to watch em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the only Burl Ives movies I know of that were Disney was "So Dear to My Heart" or "Summer Magic" w/ Haley Mills. Unfortunately I haven't seen either, but I want to see Summer Magic because I absolutely adore Haley Mills. I just bought The Parent Trap.

    ReplyDelete